O*L*S*4*W*L is for any Webelos Den Leader or Pack Leader with a desire to
plan and carry out a Webelos level outdoor experience for the boys. When you
complete this training, you will have an increased level of confidence and
ability to plan an age-appropriate Webelos Den Overnighter!
The GOAL of this training is to provide you with the skills to assure a
Webelos den overnight event that is:
- Age Appropriate
- Based on the purposes of Cub Scouting
- Successful in whetting the appetite of your Scouts, their parents and the
leaders who want to do more in the outdoors!
- And will prepare your Webelos Scouts to become Boy Scouts
Elements of this training are:
- Webelos Outdoor Activities: health and safety issues, hiking and camping
concerns, outdoor ceremonies, Webelos outdoor-related activities
(Outdoorsman, Naturalist, Forester, Geologist), values of the outdoor
program, identifying and conducting Webelos outdoor activities.
- Flag Ceremonies: procedures for flag raising, lowering and folding.
- Planning Overnight Campouts: key factors, planning and conducting a
Webelos overnight campout, joint campouts (with BS troops), and council
- Campfire Planning: how to plan and direct successful Den campfires
Outdoor Skill Workshops in the following areas in:
~ First Aid ~ Cooking and sanitation ~ Knots and Ropes ~ Campsite selection
and tents ~ Wood Tools ~ Bedding and Weather ~ Fire building
Please wear your uniform. Items to bring: appropriate clothing for weather,
personal articles, Webelos handbook,
tent and bedding, skit or song for campfire It is suggested that you have
attended Cub Scout Leader Basic Training and Webelos Leader Specifics.
Session held at Maple Cabin, Durland Scout Reservation
$25.00 Fee – Includes Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, all refreshments,
cracker-barrel and printed materials
Outdoor Leader Skills
for Webelos Leaders Flyer and Registration Form
Online Registration Closed 4/23/2013
Update an Existing Registration
Next training dates:
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013
Saturday, Apr. 26, 2014